We are the Directorate of Agricultural Extension Services (DAES). We are responsible for the overseeing of agricultural technology diffusion through the management of an extension delivery service in the country.
To establish an efficient and demand-driven extension service in a decentralised system through partnership between the government and the private sector for provision of quality service to our clients.
Work with the regional and district administration to ensure that extension services contribute in an effective and efficient way towards the social and economic development of Ghana.
OUR CORE FUNCTIONS ARE
DAES is tasked to perform the following functions:
- Extension Policy formulation and Planning;
- Review various extension approaches, framework document on RELCs, FBOs and private service providers in extension to improve on extension service delivery.
- Facilitate in the human resource development at all levels in extension delivery.
- Coordination of Extension activities;
- Collaborate with a range of organisations/ agencies including NGOs, private service providers and public organisations in providing extension service.
- Disseminate information on appropriate approaches to all extension service providers.
- Collaborate with other agencies in facilitating the formation, sustenance and management of Farmer Based Organisations.
- Promoting strong research-extension-farmer linkages.
- Provision of Technical support to the regions and districts in the planning and implementation of extension activities;
- Facilitate in planning sessions at the district and regional levels and regional management meetings.
- Provision of technical materials on agricultural technologies.
- Provision of logistics for field staff throughout the country.
- Monitoring and Evaluation of all extension activities under the Ministry of Food and Agriculture.
WE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Collaboration with other MDAs
- Provision of technical advisory service
- Provision of information on NGOs and CBOs involved in agricultural development
- Provision of information on Farmer Based Organisations (FBOs).
- Provision of information on agricultural technologies
We shall provide the following services in accordance with the specified time frame:
|Provision of information on agricultural technologies||1 – 3 days|
|Provision of technical leaflets on agricultural technologies||1 – 2 weeks|
|Field officers provide services in communities to farmers||3 – 4 days|
WE STRIVE FOR
- Adoption of best extension methodologies for effective and efficient service delivery.
- Effective collaboration with stakeholders involved in extension service delivery.
- Excellence by developing our human resource.
COURTESY AND COOPERATION
- Provide reliable information on extension service delivery.
- Prompt and effective response to public complaints.
- Create the necessary environment for effective participation of our clients in extension programme formulation, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation to ensure that their needs are met.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM THE PUBLIC
- Read printing material provided them and should communicate these information to others.
- Need maximum cooperation from the general public in terms of freely expressing their reservations to enhance our services to the people.
- Be courteous and receptive to our staff.
All complaints, comments on all extension activities should be addressed to the Regional, Metropolitan, Municipal and District Directors of Agriculture and also to:
Directorate of Agricultural Extension Services (DAES)